Maintenance, Plant Health Care, Arboriculture, Groundskeeping, Irrigation, Construction
Crew Leaders serve a pivotal role in the daily success of the company. They are responsible for services performed on our clients’ properties. They lead, motivate, and work within a small team in completing assigned tickets within a specific service line. The Crew Leaders ensure Pro Care standards on quality and efficiency are upheld and see that work is completed safely and properly the first time.
- Foster a positive team environment by communicating tactfully & respectfully, taking a personal interest in team member development & well-being, expressing gratitude regularly, recognizing exceptional performance, discretely and promptly correcting deficiencies and issues, and committing to processes and principals established by Pro Care.
- Ensure crew is set up for success each day by arriving early, performing per-trip inspection of service vehicle, secure phone/keys/fuel card & other items critical for daily operations.
- Properly track crew activities through BOSS program on phone including clocking in and out for the day, start and stop times on work tickets, tracking all associated materials, and reporting issues.
- Assume personal responsibility for quality standards on job sites. Maintain acceptable audit scores.
- Take accountability for the efficiency of crew including limiting indirect time at shop as well as ensuring target times are met on all job tickets.
- Read, know, and understand notes and instructions for job tickets and assign individual job tasks to crews.
- Ensure assigned assets such as equipment and trucks are properly secure at all times, operated safely & efficiently, and kept clean & orderly.
- Enforce company policies and procedures for a safe worksite by promoting safe work habits, wearing PPEs, and establishing a culture of awareness of surroundings.
- Drive service vehicle to and from jobsites safely and in an efficient manner.
- Take accountability for training team members on proper techniques and procedures associated with the work in the field as well and general company policies and procedures.
- Professionally represent the company and set an example for crew by properly wearing uniform, interacting with clients and the general public, displaying a positive attitude at all times.
- Complete assigned yard/shop chores as instructed.
- Report issues including equipment failure, injury, property damage, insubordination, poor quality, etc. through proper channels in a timely manner.
- Turn in all receipts, notes, and reports every day. Ensure crew is ready for the next day before leaving.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
- Able to lead crew of 2-4 people
- Positive “Can Do” attitude and moves with pace & sense of urgency
- Has attention to detail and refuses to compromise values
- Idaho Driver’s License with good driving record
- Adequate experience in specific service line (Mowing, PHC, Irrigation, Pruning, Grounds Keeping, Construction)
- Possess necessary certifications for associated service line. (Professional Applicators License)
- Established history of solid attendance and field performance
- Able to read and understand instructions; both written and verbal
- Able to use electronic devices properly and efficiently
- Proven history of adherence to standards established by company
- Ability to organize and think strategically
- Emotionally, physically, and personally able to meet the specific demands of this position.
Working Environment: Field
Schedule: Most will work four 10-hour shifts; any combination of days Monday through Saturday. Professional Applicators will work five 8-hour shifts (nights & weekends may be necessary). Winter hours will depend on performance, certifications, attendance, weather, and availability of work.
Reports To: Production Manager